***Update: This position has been filled***
TITLE: PAACS Director of Partnership Development
REPORTS TO: CEO
The Pan-African Academy of Christian Surgeons (PAACS) is a strategic response to the need for surgeons in Africa. PAACS trains African physicians as surgeons to care for the poor and the sick. PAACS also disciples these surgeons to share the love of Christ with their patients to bring hope to those who are suffering.
The Director of Partnership Development is part of the Development Team that provides overall leadership for fundraising including major gifts, corporate and foundation relations, fundraising events, donor communications and stewardship.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with the Development Team to create a fundraising strategy in partnership with the PAACS’ leadership and the volunteer Advancement Committee.
- Collaborates with the Development Team in developing and executing written donor communications.
- Partners with the Development Team in the end of calendar year and end of fiscal year phone calls to all PAACS supporters and leadership.
- Implements strategies to nurture current donors and develop new, lasting relationships.
- Develops relationships with new donors, churches, partners and granting organizations.
- Supports the CEO of PAACS in fundraising initiatives.
- Engages current supporters to host Peer to Peer events and works with the host to develop the event.
- Maintains updated and accurate information in Donor Perfect.
- Completes all assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Acts as a Minister of Faith as it relates to the mission of PAACS.
- Accomplishes all other duties as required for the success of the position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience – Minimum 3 years combined experience in the nonprofit environment in development, marketing, or sales. Experience and demonstrated success in fundraising, or sales as well as developing strategies that have increased donor or sales revenue. Experience and demonstrated success with donor database management systems such as Donor Perfect or a sales database. Experience in healthcare-related philanthropy is preferred.
Computer Skills – Required to have experience with Microsoft Office Suite and ability to work with technology.
Language Skills – Ability to effectively present information to management and public groups in English. Ability to interact clearly and effectively, in both written and oral communication, with supervisor, clients, staff, vendors, etc.
Other Qualifications – Ability to successfully travel at least 30% of the time domestically.
A personal vehicle and valid driver's license are required to travel. Desire to have a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ and act as an exemplary Christian witness. Compatibility with the Christian purposes and practices of the PAACS organization. Exhibits motivation, innovation, enthusiasm, creativity, and autonomy.
Customer Service - Manages difficult donor situations; Responds promptly to donor needs; Solicits donor feedback to improve service; Meets commitments.
Communication – Informs orally and in writing, with clarity and good effect. Understands clearly and quickly when orders are given. Decides what information is important and what is not, and what should be communicated, how, to whom and when.
Critical Thinking - Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
Project Management – Establishes and maintains processes and systems for successful project execution.
Organization Support – Follows policies and procedures. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports organization's goals and values.
Candidates: email CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "Director of Partnership Development Application."